Tuscan Truffle in Tuscany is an excelent experience to taste one of the best natural pruduct in the world.
While Tuscany is often associated with exceptional wines, it is especially renowned for its truffles. It may come as a surprise to some that San Miniato, a small town in Tuscany, supplies nearly 80% of the world’s precious white truffles.
You will take part in a once-in-a-lifetime experience and search for truffles with a truffle-hunting dog through the woods of Tuscany. Follow the dog hurriedly through the forest as he sniffs about and experience the surge of excitement as he starts digging for this edible treasure (white truffles go for nearly $15,000 per kg).
After lunch, will visit a cellar into the region of Chianti. Here you will have the opportunity to experience what is arguably Italy’s most renowned wine, Chianti. Your guide will teach you everything you need to know about the process of winemaking and the techniques involved in attaining a better appreciation of the wine through the tasting.
Price from 180 eur
Wine tour briefly
180 per person
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, All year roundfrom 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.English
including lunch and more
departure from Florence
Availability and Price
Space is limited, so we suggest booking in advance. Minimum of 2 participants are needed in order for the tour to be run.
schedule, detail and photo Truffle Hunting & Wine Tasting wine tour
Price 180 Eur per person. Included
- 10.00 a.m. Departure from Florence.
- 11.00 a.m. Arrival at San Miniato. Truffle hunting with dog through woods.
- 12.30 p.m. Lunch with truffle based appetizer and first course with truffles such as “tagliolini” or “gnocchi”.
- 02.00 p.m. Stop at San Miniato for a free sightseeing and shopping.
- 2.30 p.m. Wine tasting at the winery in Chianti (Chianti DOCG and Super Tuscan IGT)
- 04.30 p.m. Return to Florence by approx. 5 p.m.
- English speaking wine and food expert tour guide
- truffle hunting
- wine tasting at the winery
- one cellar tours
- air conditioning mini van
- 3 course lunch at truffle house
- extra virgin olive oil tasting
- stop at San Miniato for photo sightseeing
- Truffles found during hunting
Meeting Point in Florence at Piazza Cavalleggeri, next to the Biblioteca Nazionale "National Library".
map Truffle Hunting & Wine Tasting
Combining exquisite wines with an unforgettable medieval setting - lunch - wine tasting class.
from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, from March to December
Experience the magic of Chianti, visit three wineries - lunch at the winery - wine tasting class.
from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, From April until December
Blending the bold red of Chianti with the crisp white of San Gimignano - lunch with saffron menu.
From 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Tuesday and Friday, from March until November