Guided Tour in English
- Full day educational excursion with our English speaking food and wine expert.
- Stroll in a true forest of Tuscany to hunt truffles with our professional hunter and her dog.
- Enjoy a delicious typical Tuscan meal based on fresh truffles in a private villa.
Truffle hunting experience from Florence is sure to fire your foodie instinct!
San Miniato is known over the world for the white truffles. It may come as a surprise to some that San Miniato, a small town in Tuscany, supplies nearly 80% of the world’s precious white truffles.
You will take part in a once-in-a-lifetime experience and search for truffles with a truffle-hunting dog through the woods of Tuscany. Follow the dog hurriedly through the forest as he sniffs about and experiences the surge of excitement as he starts digging for this edible treasure (white truffles go for nearly $15,000 per kg).
On Saturdays Nov 11th - 18th - and 25th, tour stops at San Miniato to visit the famous international truffle fair. Here you can taste and buy several truffle products
from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Including lunch and more
Departure from Florence
- Shared transportation in a comfortable air-conditioned minivan
- Professional English speaking guide
- Multi-course traditional menu with fresh truffles and wine
- Truffle hunting in woods with Lagotto dog and professional truffle hunter
- Entrance fee to the winery
- On request stop at San Miniato to buy truffle products
- Maximum of 8 people per guide
- Truffles found during hunting
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Tips and gratuities
If the client needs to cancel, these are the fees retained by ITALY AND TOUR SAS
- Up to 14 days before the tour date: 10% as administration fees
- Between 14 and 8 days: 25% as administration fees
- Between 7 and 3 days: 50% as administration fees
- Less than 3 days or no-show: 100% NO REFUND
Children on SHARED TOURS
- Recommended minimum age to participantes is 16 yrs.
- Infant and children are not allowed on shared tours. (infant age 1-3 yrs)