Guided Tour in English
This tour stands on its own simply because the charming medieval town of Montepulciano truly is a must-see destination; the fact that you get to enjoy first-rate wine is just a bonus! Nobile di Montepulciano is primarily made up of the Sangiovese grape and a few other local varieties that give it its medium body and firm tannins. Coupled with a reddish-brown color and the characteristic smell of sweet violets, this wine is essential for all wine lovers.
- Full-day tour with English-speaking driver.
- Discover two quality wineries in Montepulciano.
- Tastings of Rosso di Monepulciano, Nobile di Montepulciano, and Riserva.
- Typical Tuscan lunch included at a winery.
- A quick stop in Montepulciano, a medieval historical setting.
Your journey will start from the proud city of Florence through the gorgeous countryside towards its historic rival, Siena. After arriving in the small town of Montepulciano, you will be given a personal tour of the first winery and have ample opportunity to taste the wines.
Lunch at the small winery.
The second winery will also be an excellent chance to have a fresh homemade meal; this probably will be one of the most memorable experiences of this wine trip.
If you love cheese this tour will also be a great excuse to taste Pecorino cheese, which is a typical production of Montepulciano. Then, you will stroll along the medieval streets of Montepulciano.
All in all, if you want to get a taste of Italian cuisine and wine coupled with a medieval hamlet setting, look no further.
from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Including lunch and more
Departure from Florence
Departure from Siena
- Roundtrip private transportation from Florence or Siena
- English-speaking tour guide/driver for the day
- 2 winery visits with wine tastings
- Olive oil tasting
- Walk in the historic town center of Montepulciano
- Delicious Tuscan lunch in a typical Trattoria
- All local taxes
All tours require a guarantee
If you have booked a Single (private or shared) day tour, cancellation terms are:
• Up to 30 days before: we will return the deposit minus administration fees
• 29 – 8 days: Deposit
• 7 – 4 days: 50% of tour cost
• 3 days or less to date of departure: 100% of tour cost.
Children on PRIVATE TOURS
- Children between 4-16 yrs, we will calculate the cost of the tour according to the number of adults, plus € 50 per child (this cost, of course, doesn't include the wine tasting)
- Infants between 1-3 yrs are free. Children's seat will be provided for upon request.