This tour stands on its own simply because the charming medieval town of Montepulciano truly is a must-see destination; the fact that you get to enjoy first-rate wine is just an added bonus! Nobile di Montepulcianois primarily made up of the Sangiovese grape along with a few other local varieties that give it its medium body and firm tannins. Coupled with a reddish brown color and the characteristic smell of sweet violets, this wine is an essential for all wine lovers.
Your journey will start from the proud city of Florence through the gorgeous countrysidetowards its historic rival, Siena. After arriving in the small town of Montepulciano, you will be given a personal tour of the first winery and have ample opportunity to taste the wines. Then, you will stroll along the medieval streets of Montepulciano and enjoy a memorable Tuscan lunch at a local restaurant. After another drive through the beautiful countryside, you will visit the second winery where you will have the opportunity to learn the viticulture and discover the painstaking production process in addition to tasting the wine.
All in all, if you want to get a taste of Italian cuisine and wine coupled with a medieval hamlet setting, look no further.
Customization on Request
- 09.15 a.m. Departure from Florence
- 10.45 a.m. Arrival at Montepulciano and visit the first winery, where you can have a look to the vineyards and the cellar, finally wine tasting.
- 12.45 p.m. Walking through medival street of Montepulciano. After a sightseeing we’ll be reaching the restaurant to have a light lunch.
- 02.30 p.m. Driving along the hills where you can see the different type of vineyards.
- 03.00 p.m. Visit to the second winery where you can meet the wine grower who will show you the techniques of viticulture and explain the wine making process.
- 04.30 p.m. Departure to be back in Florence by 6:00 p.m.. Have a nice trip!
|n° participants||€ total||€ per person|
- Transportation from Florence or Siena
- English speaking tour/driver for the day
- 2 Winery Visits and Wine Tastings
- Olive Oil Tasting
- Stop at the old Montepulciano.
- Tuscan Lunch at Trattoria
- All Local Taxes
We can organise for the driver to come to your villa or accommodation in other areas of Tuscany and prices will be quoted seperately upon request.