Chianti & Vernaccia di San Gimignano
Blending the bold red of Tuscany with the crisp white of San Gimignano.
On Friday from February to November!
Price € 130 per person.
For those who like to dabble in different types of wine, this trip is for you! With one winery dedicated to the world famous red Chianti and one to the venerated white Vernaccia of San Gimignano, this trip truly provides the best of both worlds.
Your day starts by making your way through the hills of Tuscany to the Chianti area where you will visit a small family owned vineyard. Here you will have the opportunity to meet the winegrower who will show you everything you need to know about the winemaking process. After a visit to the cellar you will begin your tasting experience with tips and techniques from your guide on how to best taste the wine.
Located near the quaint town of San Gimignano, the second vineyard will give you the opportunity to experience one of the most celebrated white wines in Italy, the Vernaccia di San Gimignano. After the tasting, you have the opportunity to make a quick foray into the town of San Gimignano to experience the medieval architecture, shop at the local stores, and sample world famous gelato. Check availability !
Departure from Florence at 9:30 a.m. Where we meet
- 09:30 a.m. Departure from Florence.
- 10:30 a.m. Arrival at first vineyard with Chianti tasting and cellar visit.
- 01:00 p.m. Light lunch at restaurant or winery if avaiiable.
- 02.00 p.m. Departure to San Gimignano with Vernaccia tasting.
- 04:00 p.m. Shopping and visit to San Gimignano.
- 04:30 p.m. Departure to Florence with arrival around 5:30 p.m.
Price 130,00 Eur per person
- Wine tasting fees (Chianti Classico DOCG and Vernaccia di San Gimignano DOCG)
- Olive oil tasting
- Tuscan light lunch at winery or local restaurant.
Space is limited, so we suggest booking in advance. Check availability !